Ocean To Summit Adventure
The great outdoors calling? Take a walk (and kayak!) on the wild side with the Byron Bay “Ocean to Summit Tour”!
Ocean kayaking, wild dolphins, camp fires, night time stargazing, early morning bushwalking, ancient rainforests and jaw-dropping panoramic views await you on the Ocean to Summit Byron Bay Tour.
Unlike any other Byron Bay tour, the “Ocean To Summit Tour” combines two of Byron Bay’s must-do experiences – kayaking with dolphins and climbing Mount Warning at sunrise in the Byron hinterland.
This overnight Byron Bay tour kicks off with a three hour afternoon ocean kayak with our partner Go Sea Kayak Byron Bay, that offers some of the best dolphin spotting in Byron Bay – not to mention turtles and migrating whales (during the winter months). From here, we hit the road for a scenic drive through the Byron hinterland to the Mount Warning National Park where we set-up camp for the night. Unwind and relax around the campfire while you enjoy a delicious BBQ dinner and toast marshmallows before spending the night in your tent under the stars.
The next morning, after a delicious continental breakfast, take to the walking track for a two hour (4.5km) self-guided climb up Mount Warning reaching the summit as the sun starts to rise over the easternmost point of Australia.
Soak up the awe-inspiring Byron hinterland and ocean views before hitting the descent, which is equally as rewarding with the sounds of the rainforest, rich native wildlife and ancient palms and tree ferns. Every footstep on Mount Warning is like travelling back through hundreds of millions of years.
- Kayak up close with dolphins, whales(May to October) and turtles at Byron’s beautiful marine park whilst enjoying a great view of Byron’s coastline and the Byron Bay lighthouse from the water
- Enjoy free snorkelling and socialising over afternoon tea before you weave your way through beautiful landscape towards our overnight camp where you start your Mount Warning Adventure
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ (veg. options available upon request) and roast marshmallows around the campfire
- Camp under the stars (tents/sleeping equip. provided)
- THE NEXT MORNING
- Breakfast before you start your walk
- Transfer to the start/end of the summit walk
- Start your self-guided 9km, 4 hours return walk
- Pick up from the start/end of the summit walk
- Weave your way through beautiful landscape as you return home
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothes
- For your kayak adventure you can bring a long sleeve rashie shirt to protect from the sun and a baseball style hat to wear under your helmet
- Comfortable covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine)
- Raincoat (the weather is changeable)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat and swimmers
- Water bottle
- Mobile phone (in case you have to call for help on your summit walk)
- Alarm clock to get up in the morning (could be your mobile phone of course)
- Camera (to capture your amazing moments)
- Small bag or backpack to carry your belongings
- Your adventurous spirit and sense of fun