Mount Warning Day Walk
This Mount Warning tour in the Byron hinterland includes a free BBQ right on the foot of Mount Warning National Park after your Mount Warning climb.
Climb Mount Warning in the morning to reach the highest point in the region, offering amazing views over the Byron hinterland, to the Byron Lighthouse and to the skyline of Surfers Paradise. How long does it take to climb Mount Warning? The journey is a 9km, 4 hour self-guided return walk that takes you through subtropical World Heritage listed rainforest and, upon ascent, offers 360 degree ocean and Byron hinterland views. It never fails to inspire.
After taking a splash in rock pool enjoy a delicious, locally sourced BBQ in the peaceful and uncrowded forest setting right at the foot of Mount Warning National Park.
Weave your way through beautiful landscape as you return home.
The Tour Itinerary
- Climb Mount Warning in the morning to reach the highest point in the region and see amazing ocean and Byron hinterland views
- Take a splash in a rock pool right at the foot of Mount Warning National Park
- Enjoy a delicious locally sourced BBQ (veg. options available upon request)
- Weave your way through beautiful landscape as you return home
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothes
- Comfortable covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine)
- Raincoat (the weather is changeable)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat and swimmers
- Water bottle
- Camera (to capture your amazing moments)
- Mobile phone (in case you have to call for help on your walk)
- Small bag or backpack (up to 20 litres) to carry your belongings
- Your adventurous spirit and sense of fun