You are here
- Byron Bay has a post office (Post Code 2481), branches of all the Australian "National" banks, a taxi service, limited public transport, plenty of Internet cafe's, a public library and a public swimming pool.
- There is a decimal currency in Australia, with bank notes for five, ten, twenty, fifty and one hundred dollars. The cost of the Australian dollar (AUD) does fluctuate, it's usually between $0.65 & $0.80 US Dollars. You can use this currency converter to get a more accurate conversion from 180 different currencies.
- Cars drive on the left hand side of the road. If you're not used to it, take care when crossing the road - you should always use a "zebra crossing" to cross safely.
- The spoken and written language is English. If English is not your first language, there are many accredited English language schools in Australia, including Byron Bay English Language School.
Seasonal Information The temperature in Byron Bay ranges from an average of about 28°C in summer to about 20°C in winter (with the nights a bit cooler). The seasons in Australia are :
- Spring : September 1 through November 30
- Summer : December 1 through February 28 or 29
- Autumn : March 1 through May 31
- Winter : June 1 through August 31
Have a question or need help? Please Contact Us