Byron and Beyond Tour
When the beach, sun and surf get too much, it’s time to explore Byron and beyond! The choices of what to do and see in Byron are sometimes overwhelming and, occasionally, it’s a relief to sit back, enjoy and have the day perfectly planned for you. So, we have edited the best and are excited to bring it all to you in a complete and comprehensive one day tour, suitable for all fitness levels and ages. Our Byron & Beyond Tour is the best of the best!
Your adventure starts when we pick you up from your accommodation and drive up to the iconic Byron Bay lighthouse. Be blown away by the 360 degree panoramic views over the Pacific Ocean and mountain landscape, and get up close to the iconic Byron Bay lighthouse. Between May and October, whales can be spotted on their annual migration and this is one of the best vantage points to soak up this majestic sight.
Next stop, a tour of the sustainable-farming and food experience that is The Farm, Byron Bay. Meet the resident heritage-breed pigs, Scottish Highland cattle and free-roaming chickens as you stroll through fields of flowers, macadamia and pecan plantations and market gardens filled with in-season produce.
Then, it’s off to the mystical Crystal Castle in the Byron hinterland. Here you can marvel at the massive natural crystals on show, get lost in a garden labyrinth, take a gentle walk, touch the World Peace stupa or just enjoy a coffee and soak up the hushed tranquility of this amazing place.
The Zen quality of the crystals will put you in the perfect frame of mind for a drive through the beautiful Byron hinterland to our next destination, the historic and delightful town of Bangalow. Enjoy lunch at one of our favourite Bangalow restaurants, followed by a stroll through this beautiful village. Pick up that special keepsake or gift including everything from vintage clothing, home wares, glamorous designer boutiques and an authentic French patisserie.
From Bangalow we head back to Byron Bay, where we drop you off with plenty of time to have a late afternoon swim or surf. You will have the sensation of having been away for a week, full of new sights, smells and experiences!
The Tour Itinerary
- Drive up to the iconic Byron Bay Lighthouse for the best ocean and Byron Hinterland views and to spot migrating whales (between May and October) and local dolphins
- Visit The Farm, a real working local farm with a range of different growers, producers, eateries, shops and kids activities
- Experience magical Crystal Castle and walk through stunning gardens, touch the world peace stupa and enjoy the beauty of crystals from giant formations to exquisite jewellery
- Stop at the historical little town of Bangalow for lunch and tour its fascinating mix of local shops, galleries and cafes
- Weave your way through beautiful landscape as you return to Byron Bay
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothes
- Comfortable covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine)
- Raincoat (the weather is changeable)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat and swimmers
- Camera (to capture your amazing moments)
- Small bag or backpack to carry your belongings
- Your adventurous spirit and sense of fun