Enjoy your comprehensive, user friendly guide to the region!
Byron Bay Regional Markets
You are hereTweet
The weekly roving markets of the Byron area are famous for their range of produce, new age funkiness and great atmosphere. Byron Bay, The Channon and Bangalow have the biggest and best markets on the first, second and fourth Sundays of each month respectively.
|Byron Bay Markets||Butler Street reserve||1st Sunday|
|The Channon Markets||The Channon via Lismore||2nd Sunday|
|Bangalow Markets||Bangalow Showground||4th Sunday|
Have a look at our handy upcoming markets guide to see what markets are coming up in the next month in the Byron region. You'll also find a guide to all of the monthly markets throughout the region and the time of the month that they're held below.
Ingenious art and craftworks fill the markets. Beautiful things made by local people using unusual natural materials sit side-by-side with colourful imports from Africa and Asia. Give your house a gift and yourself a lift with something made or bought in Byron.
Got enough 'things' already? Then fill your larder with freshly-harvested and home-made produce. Food stalls offer a sumptuous range of goodies for consumption on site or to take home and savour later. For a different, refreshing drink try some sugar cane juice, squeezed before your eyes.
If your body needs some attention it will get it here: slide onto a massage table and have experienced hands soothe away your aches and pains. Indulge in a full massage, or just have your neck and shoulders treated, or go the holistic path with reflexology. The markets have a wonderful range of skin and hair care products made from natural ingredients.
And for the kids? Let them have their faces painted as angels or devils, pixies or goblins. They'll love the original toys and games and the funky clothes. And you'll be able to do all your gift shopping at once!
If you're looking for accommodation close to the regional markets, browse through our Byron Hinterland accommodation guide where you'll find a range of places to stay in the towns and villages around Byron Bay.
First Week of the Month
- Brunswick Heads Markets - 1st Saturday of the month
- Byron Bay Markets - 1st Sunday of the month (+ 3rd Sunday Dec & Jan)
- Pottsville Markets - 1st Sunday of the month
- Lismore Car Boot Market - 1st Sunday of the month
Second Week of the Month
- Byron Flea Market - 2nd Saturday of the month
- Kingscliff Markets - 2nd Saturday of the month
- The Channon Markets - 2nd Sunday of the month
- Alstonville Markets - 2nd Sunday of the month
- Lennox Head Markets - 2nd Sunday of the month
Third Week of the Month
- Byron Bay Markets - 3rd Sunday December & January
- Lismore Car Boot Market - 3rd Sunday of the month
- Mullumbimby Markets - 3rd Saturday of the month
- Pottsville Markets - 3rd Sunday of the month
- Uki Buttery Bazaar - 3rd Sunday of the month
Fourth Week of the Month
- Kingscliff Markets - 4th Saturday of the month
- Nimbin Markets - 4th and 5th Sunday of the month
- Bangalow Markets - 4th Sunday of the month
- Murwillumbah Markets - 4th Sunday of the month
Additional Byron Bay Markets
- Byron Beachside Markets - three held annually Jan, Easter & the Sep/Oct long weekend
- Byron Artisan Market - every Saturday October to March annually – Railway Park Byron Bay
How good is it to take a basket to the Farmers Market and fill it with fresh, organic, locally-grown food? Extra good, that's how. This is the old idea of a market to support local growers and feed the townsfolk, refreshed and updated to include the innovative alongside the traditional. Byron's produce includes both tropical and temperate fruit and vegetables, as well as meat, eggs, coffee and a whole range of gourmet items to enhance your cuisine. See below for a list of dates and locations of farmers' markets.
Weekly Farmers Markets
- New Brighton Farmers Market (New Brighton Oval River St New Brighton) - every Tuesday (8am - 11am)
- Rainbow Region Organic Market Lismore (Lismore Showground, Alexandra Pde, Lismore) - every Tuesday (7.30am - 11am)
- Byron Farmers Market (Butler Street Reserve, Byron Bay) - every Thursday (8am - 11am)
- Bangalow Farmers Market (Bangalow Hotel Carpark, 1 Byron St, Bangalow) - every Saturday (8am - 11am)
- Lismore Farmers Market (Lismore Showground, Alexandra Pde, Lismore) - every Saturday (8am - 11 am)
- Mullumbimby Farmer's Market (Mullumbimby Showground, 51 Main Arm Road, Mullumbimby) - every Friday (7am - 11am)
- Blue Knob Farmers Market (10 min north of Nimbin) - every Saturday (8.30am - 12.30pm)
Have a question or need help? Please Contact Us